Free Personal Bill Pay
Columbia Bank's free Personal Bill Pay service is the fast and simple way to pay your bills anytime, from anywhere.
Faster and Easier Than Writing Checks
Make payments to anyone, anywhere in the United States. You decide when to pay and what to pay. Your payment is submitted to you biller automatically—and you have a record of the transaction.
- Schedule single or recurring payments to any business or any individual in the United States
- Review payment history, pending payments and payment status
- Set up payment reminders
One Password and Account
No need to visit each of your payees’ web sites or memorize multiple passwords and user names. One user name and password will access all of your payees.
Avoid late fees by scheduling automatic payments. Payments will always be sent as scheduled, providing there are sufficient funds available in your account.
Same-Day Bill Payment
Did you forget to send out your credit card or electric bill payment? Avoid costly late fees with Columbia Bank’s Same-Day bill payment service. Settling last-minute payments is simple. Today’s date will be available when scheduling payments to participating billers. Your payment will be submitted electronically to your biller.
- Hundreds of participating billers
- $9.95 per payment
Rush Bill Payments With Overnight Checks
If your biller is not participating in our Same-Day Bill Payment service, you can still rush payment with Columbia’s new Overnight Check Bill Payment feature. Avoid past-due fees with the click of your mouse. Overnight Check Bill Payment is simple and does not require that your payee participate in acceptance of electronic payments. You may send overnight payments to anyone in your list of billers.
- Pay anyone in your list of billers
- $14.95 per overnight bill payment
Send Secure Payments to Other Individuals
Popmoney® is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Popmoney allows you to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive email and text messages. Unlike other transfer methods Popmoney protects the account information of both you and your recipient because neither party receives sensitive account numbers or other confidential personal information. All you need to submit a payment is the e-mail address or cell phone number of the recipient.
Submitting a payment is easy. Simply complete your Popmoney request and an e-mail or text message will be sent to your payee. If your recipient's financial institution is part of the Popmoney network, they can complete the transaction from their own financial institution's online banking site. If not, they can go to Popmoney.com to pick up the funds and direct the funds to their bank account.
- Pay any individual
- Payments as quickly as one business day
- $0.75 per transaction
Transfer Funds Between Your Other Financial Institutions
Sending and receiving funds from your accounts at other financial institutions no longer requires writing checks and filling out deposit slips. With Columbia Bank’s Account to Account Transfer feature you can transfer funds to and from accounts at other US financial institutions right from within your Personal Bill Pay session.
In order to conduct transfers between your financial institutions you must complete a simple registration process. After you provide the account detail for your other institutions, we will send a series of small transactions. To ensure your security, you must confirm that you are authorized to receive and send payments through the accounts by entering the amounts of these transactions into your registration form. Once this step is completed, you may begin transferring funds.
- Send and receive funds from your accounts at any US financial institution
- Schedule recurring transfers (great for family members)
- $2.00 per transfer when moving funds from your Columbia Bank account to another institution
- No charge to transfer funds from another institution into your Columbia Bank account
Enroll in Personal Bill Pay
- You must be enrolled in Premier Personal Online Banking to enroll in Personal Bill Pay. If you are not enrolled in Premier Personal Online Banking, Enroll Now.
- If you are already enrolled in Premier Personal Online Banking, log in and simply click the Bill Pay tab from any screen. Verify and submit the required information. Once the security setup is complete, you will be logged in to Personal Bill Pay.